Hackers have become more sophisticated and technology has advanced resulting in an increased level of vulnerability to your network. Sunset Dental Technologies (Sunset) is committed to staying ahead of the curve, keeping your data safe, and staying compliant with the changes in the laws.
Outlined below is a case study involving an infection and how Sunset partnered with the dental clinic to keep their data safe and get them up and running.
Sunset was notified at approximately 8am that the clinic’s system was infected with a “Win32/TrojanDropper.Small.NMM Trojan” ransomware that Sunset had never seen or dealt with before. The virus infected a total of 16 workstations plus the server, which was the entire clinic. It was 35 minutes from the time Sunset received the notification call to the time they stepped on-site. By 9am, a plan was created with a goal to have the office fully functioning within 24 hours. The Sunset team was successful in meeting their goal.
- First response team – formed (3 people)
- Engineering – assigned
- Command Center – assigned
- Team lead – assigned
- Loaner server deployed.
- Engineering restored yesterday’s backup.
- As the backup exported to a virtual machine format, the server started up in its virtual format seamlessly.
To expedite the re-imaging process, Implementations deployed an imaging server with a pre-configured Windows 7 image. This allowed the team to re-image all 16 workstations in less than 45 minutes.
Once the server was up, Sunset was able to get the computers joined to the domain and move forward with installing and configuring software. By 5pm, all computers were able to access Dentrix and Dexis. That evening, the team configured the software to restore the workstations as close to their original state, prior to the infection, as possible.
Sunset spent the following morning at the clinic to address any questions and make any changes necessary.
Daily average production for clinic $10,000
Saved days (Sunset vs Conventional) 5 Days
Estimated Savings $50,000
Call Sunset at (855) 861-8833 or visit www.sunsetdt.com. Sunset will help you minimize your risk by providing:
- Monitoring the health of your network
- Qualified technicians are available 24/7 for any problems that may arise
- Continuously monitor and manage your server and workstations to ensure minimal disturbances
- Scheduled reviews to discuss changes in technology and security
- Disaster recovery plan in the event of a data loss or breach
- Insurance coverage in the event of a data breach
- Identity restoration coverage for your patients and staff
- And many other critical services
Have It All with Sunset Dental Technologies.